Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year: Moving Toward a New Heaven and a New Earth

I was just musing that we have put the year 2009 to rest, we have begun a new year in 2010, and that means we are one year closer to the New Heaven and the New Earth being established by our King Jesus. Isn’t that totally exciting? Well, it is to me. So, I am going to live this next year with the vision of being a blessing to others because I am blessed. Hopefully, as I live this out, a little more of Heaven will be brought to earth.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ”See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them; he will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away.” And the one who was seated on the throne said, “See, I am making all things new.” Revelation 21:1-5 NRSV

This vision is my guiding hope. It is this vision I put my hope in as I wait patiently in faith for it to arrive. It is this vision that inspires me to be a blessing to others because if this is what my King is doing, if he is making all things new, then I am motivated to join him in the process.

My vision for 2010 is to follow Jesus in making all things new. I am not one hundred percent sure what all this entails, but I am looking forward to the journey. Whatever it does consist of, I am sure it will have something to do with hanging out with those others may consider to be a menace to society. I am sure Jesus will lead me to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, welcome the stranger, and clothe the naked. I pray I will have the tenacity and fortitude to follow him in doing these things.

I ask you to join me as we both join Christ in the restoration of His creation.



1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Bro. Seeing God create a new life in someone is awesome. I never get tired of seeing that. Let's keep moving forward in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete