Monday, December 28, 2009

Blessed to be a Blessing

I am reminded this morning of God's promise to Abraham. God told Abraham, "I will bless you so you may be a blessing to others" (my paraphrase). This promise is an exciting thing. As a believer in Christ, I am blessed so I can be a blessing to others. God has given me the privilege of showing others the love, compassion, mercy, and justice of God. That's what I challenge you to do today as I challenge myself as well. Be a blessing to others just as God has blessed you. You know, it's not all about ourselves. It's about reaching out and extending the Kingdom of God to all people, no matter who they may be.

God give me the strength and courage to bless others as you have blessed me. May my heart be filled with a passion to be a benefit to all, regardless of race, gender, religion, socio-economic background, culture, or any other boundary that tends to separate humanity from one another. Father, help me to persuade and influence others to join me.

In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment