Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reflection for Fellow Christians who Oppose Country Crossings and Electronic Bingo Gambling

I have a question for reflection for all the Christians and Pastors and Religious leaders who are against gambling and such. Have you thought about how your spending habits have exploited people across the world? Have you thought about how buying certain coffee brands and other products is taking advantage of poor people in various places? After all, it is the hippest and coolest thing ever to serve coffee and doughnuts during Sunday morning worship. Is the Church contributing to the exploitation of coffee farmers because of this hip practice? (Oh no, not I, I have tipped over the sacred cow.)

When is the last time you have ever advocated for the poor or even gave of yourself to help the poor? Do you have friends who are poor? Were they struggling financially before Country Crossings came to Dothan, AL, but you failed to help them?

Look, all I am saying is, let's be consistent. You cannot claim to be interested in the financial welfare of people if you have not looked at these issues and possibly even others. To not do so is hypocritical. (Lord knows I am the biggest hypocrite of them all!)

Disclaimer: I am not advocating for gambling. I am just calling for some honest reflection from all of us. I'm just saying......




Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment